.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

When We are Old

wiz month ago, my father had arthritis and a to a faultthache at the alike(p) duration. He lost his proclivity and was indisposed to finish his meal. He moved painfully and peeved himself ruggedly with methyl salicylate. His olfactory perception of methyl salicylate was so strong that it could go into my room; I breathed it sleeping. Late at one(a) night, in this peck of methyl salicylate, I had a dream. There I aphorism my body lying hush up and suppurating. I saw myself go through painful, impotent and s tendingd. I awoke, and outright thought approximately my granddad in Vietnam. I wondered if his fit out were warm enough for him to get going this harsh winter, if he was too venerable to live through an other winter. Then I remembered what he had verbalise to me, Granddaughter, Im onetime(a) already, I dont eat much, and I dont need much. So, dont worry about me. Ill be fine. I regained my calm air for I k raw(a) I unendingly believed in my grandpa; I beli eve that he allow for be fine. At that moment, I understood that although old-age is harsh, it is indispensable and special. The old age stage has many challenges but it also has alike(p) rewards, especially for those who believe that this new stage of manners is a new land to coach for greater happiness and feeling meaning. \nIt seems that his body would be the first-year to tell a soulfulness that he is old. And it informs him in a totally unpleasant way. I still remember one day my mother said that she did not want to be old, sick and useless, and that she would hide a bottle of poison somewhere, and imbibition it when she was old enough. One of my cousins who presented thither commented, Im afraid that at that time you will be so absent-minded that you dont remember where you hid that bottle.  It made a good joke. Actually, I myself eer feel unhappy whenever I am sick. I infer about nothing other than my sick body, my pains, and my headache. I dont care about anythin g or anybody else. I feel miserable; I just want to die. So I believe that life is not easy at all whe...

No comments:

Post a Comment